SSP 009: Motor Learning for Swimmers and IKKOS Training with Sean Hutchison
In this episode, I’m joined by the CEO of IKKOS Sean Hutchison. IKKOS applies neuroscience and mirror neurons for facilitating motor learning and skill acquisition. In swimming, skill acquisition is huge, as biomechanics are the largest contributor of swimming success. If you’re not familiar with Sean, check out his TED talk:
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- About motor learning in swimming.
- The role of motor learning in swimming.
- Current trends in elite swimming.
- Future of swimming technology.
- About IKKOS and how to implement IKKOS.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Sean Hutchison Twitter
- IKKOS homepage
- Motor Learning for Swimmers: Part I
- Motor Learning and Swimming Part II
- Motor Learning for Swimmers: Part III
- Future of Swimming Training
- Mirrored Swimming
- Learning to Unlearn
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thanks for joining me for this episode. I know the conversation broke up a few times and I apologize, I’m still very new with this! If you have any tips, suggestions, or comments about this episode, please be sure to leave them in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
SAY THANKS TO Sean Hutchison!
If you enjoyed this podcast, tell Sean thanks on Twitter!
The post SSP 009: Motor Learning for Swimmers and IKKOS Training with Sean Hutchison appeared first on Swimming Science.